Monday, February 21, 2011

Printing on Fabric and Card

This was an old white but not so white now pillow case before I started on it. I have used arcylic paints spread on with an old credit card and then stamped with shop or homemade stamps still using acrylic paint the butterflys were stencilled
I like to make a few stamps myself by cutting up fun foam and sticking the foam onto thick cardboard or mounting board whatever you have with carpet tape. I think this makes it very much your own design.
I then cut it into strips doodled on it and machined it onto card for a postcard swap.
The picture below the postcards was done in the same way on card but I used Brusho watercolour paint for the background. I love this paint the colours are so vivid
it comes in powder form and can be painted or sprayed on I also have a thickener so I can make patterns in it or it can be used with stamps or stencils but its not very precise used this way. I used this card for the cover of a note book the picture in the middle is a photo of leaves that I played around with it in Zoner studio I downloaded this free on the internet. I don't really know how to use it properly it takes so much time to follow instructions and I cant always understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment