Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paper Fabric Wall Hanging


I like this one and it didn't take long to make. Tissue book pages and music were glued with pva onto cotton when dry were painted and stamped. The birds were made in the same way and hand sewn onto the backing. The leaves were machine embroidered and beaded, then it was backed with batting and more cotton which were machined together. I added my own handmade paper to the bottom and added machine wrapped cords with papier mache beads. I wanted to use the words at the bottom of the hanging about the best birds,I find this very inspiring if I think my talents are not good enough to take part in any project.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love this piece! Beautiful colors and texture!
    thanks for your kind words by the way, and I will look into the magazines you recommended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Wow! This piece is really nice. I just love it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete