Friday, November 19, 2010

Our Trip to America

We have been back now for over nine weeks it has taken all this time to sort out all the photos Russell took. We or I should say Russell drove at least 3000 miles from Washington to New Orleans we took around 1500 photos. Something I have always wanted to do is visit America to see the way of life speak to the American people hear the music and maybe have a dance not to mention all the tourist places to visit. We couldnt stay long in each place as we had just two weeks to do the drive but we did get a flavour of America and driving ourselves we could go where we wanted drive down the backroads and stop whenever we decided. We had a great adventure and we enjoyed every moment even when the police stopped us for speeding - they did let us off. I enjoyed the heat up to 98f at times but of course with the air conditioning it made it comfortable but being very English we had to turn it off in the middle of the night I was getting cold and the noise was keeping me awake.
If you ever get the opportunity to take a trip like this do it was great fun and with the sat nav and the American roads no roundabouts its great.
I hope you will read some of this I know its a bit long and I dont blog about travel but couldnt help myself. I did do an art journal so might take one or two pics to show you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment