Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Swamp at St Martins Lake Lafeyette Butch was our guide great bloke new everything anyone would need to know about the bayou. This was the most fascinating place I have ever visited we set out in a small boat with six other people the trip lasted for over two hours and as we moved around it went from twilight to sunset absolutely magical. We saw alligators herons turtles alligators flights of herons and egrets killer bees well thats what they looked like great big spiders and two brown owls calling to each other. The
colours of the sunset were out of this world one of the few times I have said if only I could paint. I was quite surprised I didnt get bitten by an insect not even once. Insects like me. What a wonderful trip something I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment